Weather page will not embed correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I'm trying to embed a website in an iFrame onto my SharePoint site.  The site is Windy.com.  I've tried setting the URL to the website and using their provided embed code.  In the former, I just get a static loading screen that never moves.  With the embed code, I get a map but none of the weather displays, I just see the gray basemap, none of the colored layers or the motion displaying winds.  Can anyone think of a reason this is happening?  The embed code works fine when I just run it from the "Try It Now" over at W3Schools.com.

The code is:

<iframe frameborder="0" height="450" src="https://embed.windy.com/embed2.html?lat=36.932&lon=-81.650&zoom=5&level=surface&overlay=wind&menu=&message=&marker=&calendar=&pressure=&type=map&location=coordinates&detail=&detailLat=36.932&detailLon=-81.650&metricWind=default&metricTemp=default&radarRange=-1" width="650"></iframe>

However, I end up with this:

• Edited by Grasor Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:12 AM Added image of the result I'm seeing on SharePoint
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Grasor,

This is because SharePoint default use IE 10 document mode in IE Browser which is not compatible with Windy API.

A workaround is to change the "X-UA-Compatible" in master page to "IE=Edge" like:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />

Open master page using SharePoint Designer and change like above:

Finally, the Windy.com Embed will work as expected:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Grasor Wednesday, March 13, 2019 4:25 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:04 AM