Debugging DLL from Visual Studio's Web Site. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1345680122 posted

Hi,

I use Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0 (DefaultApplicationPool under development machine IIS7)

Everything was working ok till lately, but now

I have following "debug DLL problems" I can run my DLL ok from Visual Studio without debugger, but getting an error message: "A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service." while trying to step into DLL with a debugger and spending over 10 secs or so being in the method. It looks like some kind of time out problem because if I have one or no break points in a method of my DLL it works fine, but if I linger longer in the method it always closes "main web page" and produces this error message.

I have tried to disable "ping" setting of Application Pool.

I also tried to disable RFP (Rapid Fail Protection) of Application Pool 

It didn't help. Please Help.

Thank You

Serge

Friday, July 12, 2013 10:43 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi thder

A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service."

Our MSDN document give a detailed analysis for this issue,

Diagnose an unresponsive worker process

A worker process that fails to respond may exhibit one of the following symptoms:

•Ping failure.

•Communication failure with WAS.

•Worker process startup time-out.

•Worker process shutdown time-out.

•Worker process orphan action failure.

To diagnose a worker process that is failing to respond, refer to one or more of the following resources:

• use the Debug Diagnostics tool to troubleshoot a process that has stopped responding in IIS

• use the IIS Debug Diagnostics tool to troubleshoot a memory leak in an IIS process

• use the Debug Diagnostics Tool to troubleshoot high CPU usage by a process in IIS

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc735271(v=ws.10).aspx 

I would like to suggest you to follow the procedures, I think it will be helpful to troubleshoot this issue,

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:09 AM