none
Newly added user is not able to see the SharePoint search results in SharePoint online. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a SharePoint search results web part which shows pages from Pages library. Now the issue I am facing is as below.

1. If I add a new user with Contribute then that user is not able to see the pages in search results but that user is able to see pages it in Pages library. Now if I am adding new pages then those pages are appearing in the search results.

Now to resolve above mentioned issue I did "Reindex Document Library" from "Library Settings" and after some times it was showing to the user. 

But when I added a new user and assigned contribute permission to that user then also that user was facing the same issue i.e. search is not showing OLD pages.

Thanks,

Ritesh

PS: I am performing this in SharePoint online.

Ritesh Goswami

Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Ritesh Goswami,

For troubleshooting the issue, you could add the new user with edit permission or full control permission to check if the same issue will occur.

After adding permission for the new user, the user will see the search result after running a crawl. And in SharePoint online, the crawl will run automatically and at regular time. So after adding permission for new users, you will need wait for some time about 15 minutes or more.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:45 AM

All replies

• Are the library permissions detached from the site?
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:29 PM
  • Hi Ritesh

Crawl will take some time to apply security updates for new user. There is no instant crawling and update search results. So this behavior should be fine. 

Thanks
    Mohit

Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:54 PM
  • Hi Ritesh Goswami,

For troubleshooting the issue, you could add the new user with edit permission or full control permission to check if the same issue will occur.

After adding permission for the new user, the user will see the search result after running a crawl. And in SharePoint online, the crawl will run automatically and at regular time. So after adding permission for new users, you will need wait for some time about 15 minutes or more.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:45 AM