Compiling C code to a Dll for ARM

Question

• Hello,

I have a library written in C which I am able to compile for x86 and x64 architectures using MinGW (with quite a lot of makefiles). What I'm trying to achieve now is to compile something useable by my Windows Universal App project (and the phone part is what troubles me).

How do I go about compiling the sources for ARM? I've found something on the net about compiling for arm-elf, but afaik I need a different format. Or may be I'm heading the completely wrong way?

Thank you!

Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

You should use Visual Studio. and create a C++ Static Library or Windows Runtime component (Universal app if you want for phone and store).  In there you can set the configuration to ARM.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Thursday, December 18, 2014 7:09 PM
  • You should use Visual Studio. and create a C++ Static Library or Windows Runtime component (Universal app if you want for phone and store).  In there you can set the configuration to ARM.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Ok, got it. I use VS 2013, so this should not be a problem.

The problem is: the library I'm talking about (libsodium) is compiled with gcc, so I can't compile it in VS. Am I getting it right: in this case I need to compile a static library and make a C# wrapper for native code, which I then link to my universal store project?

Official package includes scripts for compiling for x86, x64, android, ios, but not for windows phone.
    I'm able to compile a Win32 .lib or .a (unix format, as far as I know). So, I'm somewhat lost now. How do I compile a static library for windows phone 8.1?

Friday, December 19, 2014 3:46 PM