Store protocol does not work

Question

• Hi,

I would like to open the Store with the review section from inside my app. Launching ms-windows-store:reviewapp or ms-windows-store:reviewapp?appid=b20b514e-edd7-4801-bb37-95480d140ea9
    just opens the Store but does not open my app review section. The same happens for ms-windows-store:PDP?PFN=62155AndreasBalzer.MicropolisforWindows.

I just don't seem to be able to get the Store app to open the correct pages.

Full coder line:

Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new Uri("ms-windows-store:reviewapp?appid=b20b514e-edd7-4801-bb37-95480d140ea9", UriKind.Absolute));

Do I need to do something additional to get the store to open the correct page?

Thanks,
    Andreas

Saturday, January 24, 2015 12:14 PM

Answers

• You have the wrong syntax for a Windows Store app (what you have should work for a Windows Phone app). The right URL for a Windows Store app's review page is:

ms-windows-store:review?PFN=[your package family name]

Likewise, the PDP? command takes the package family name, not the package name. You can find this name in the Packaging tab in the manifest editor.

See Linking directly to your app in the Windows Store

• Marked as answer by andreasbalzer Saturday, January 24, 2015 11:14 PM
    Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:32 PM
    Owner

All replies

• You have the wrong syntax for a Windows Store app (what you have should work for a Windows Phone app). The right URL for a Windows Store app's review page is:

ms-windows-store:review?PFN=[your package family name]

Likewise, the PDP? command takes the package family name, not the package name. You can find this name in the Packaging tab in the manifest editor.

See Linking directly to your app in the Windows Store

• Marked as answer by andreasbalzer Saturday, January 24, 2015 11:14 PM
    Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:32 PM
    Owner
  • thanks
    Saturday, January 24, 2015 11:14 PM