none
Compiler error when compiling AMP code in VS 2015 update 2

Question

• Hello. I have a 64-bit C++ dll that contains hundreds of amp kernels. It has always compiled without issues on VS 2012 and 2013. Just now I tried to compile it using VS 2015 Update 2 and I receive the following error:

"C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.   File: amp.h   Line: 7090"

Please advise. Thank you in advance,

-L

Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi LKeene,

You could try to switch the optimization settings (e.g. disable optimization completly) and see if your code compiles after such a change.

But you should verify the code in detail to see if you did something there that should be changed. But a first try could be to change the optimization settings.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:52 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. However, the error appears to occur within one of Microsoft's own header files ("amp.h"), so verifying my own source code doesn't seem to be useful. besides, the code has been compiling and running fine for years with VS 2012 and 2013.

-L

Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:36 PM
  • So, just as a clarification:

I open my C++ dll project in VS 2015 Update 2, attempt to compile and receive the error specified in my initial post. If I then go to "Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> General" and switch the "Platform Toolset" from "Visual Studio 2015 (v140)" to "Visual Studio 2012 (v110)" it compiles with no errors. This sure smells like a compiler bug. How should I proceed?

-L

Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:50 PM
  • >I open my C++ dll project in VS 2015 Update 2, attempt to compile and receive the error specified in my initial post. If I then go to "Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> General" and switch the "Platform Toolset" from "Visual Studio 2015 (v140)" to "Visual Studio 2012 (v110)" it compiles with no errors. This sure smells like a compiler bug. How should I proceed?

If you can supply a project that anyone can repro the problem with,
    ideally make it as simple as possible, submit a bug report on the MS
    connect site: https://connect.microsoft.com/visualStudio/

Dave

Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:06 PM
  • Hi LKeene,

According to your description, this problem seems related to the Visual Studio 2015 Update 2. Please provide some code snippet to help us reproduce your problem.

If it has the same problem in our side/another Visual Studio 2015 Update 2, please submit this issue to Visual Studio Connect as Dave's suggestion.

If it works fine in our side/another computer, the problem may be related to your development environment. Please try reset/repair your Visual Studio to check whether this problem can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, April 15, 2016 2:23 AM
  • Hi LKeene,

Does this problem resolved? If not, please tell us more information that I required in my previous reply.

If the problem has been solved, please share the solution here, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:59 AM
  • I have submitted a bug report to Microsoft. Will post update when available.

-L

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:52 PM
  • >I have submitted a bug report to Microsoft. Will post update when available.

OK, can you post a link to your bug report here so that we can follow
    it.

Dave

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Yes. See here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback/Details/2602251

-L

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 11:16 PM
  • Hi LKeene,

Thanks for your feedback for Visual Studio Product. Please wait patiently for the response from the report team.

Since you have submit this problem to Visual Studio Connect, I will close this thread later.

If any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Yes. See here:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback/Details/2602251

I wish I could.

Can anyone else see that report?

Dave

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:13 AM
  • Sorry Dave, I had forgotten that I'd made it private. They've just acknowledged receipt of the code and are looking into it. I'll be sure to post an update when available.

-L

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:53 PM