none
Install issue. "MS Kinect Device" showing, but not audio array or camera RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Win7 64bit with VS2010 Ultimate. 4gb ram and a quad core processor. I have run the install and rebooted (multiple times, each time reviewing Device Manager to insure that Kinect was not listed before attempting again. I have tried multiple USB ports (4) and on each attempt I only see the "Microsoft Kinect Device" under the "Microsoft Kinect" node within DM. I have also attempted to open Speech Recognition and it too tells me that there is no device. So.... what am I doing wrong? Thanks, James
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:32 AM

Answers

• Isn't it always the way.. the moment you post a q, you try something else and it works. How embarrassing. I had the Kinect plugged into a power strip... and when I choose a different power strip, the device works. Hope this helps someone else.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:43 AM

All replies

• Isn't it always the way.. the moment you post a q, you try something else and it works. How embarrassing. I had the Kinect plugged into a power strip... and when I choose a different power strip, the device works. Hope this helps someone else.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:43 AM
  • I have the exact same issue. Clean install of Win7 64bit, updated, installed KinectSDK, but only "Microsoft Kinect Device" appears. Installed, restarted several times, uninstalled & tried all usb ports, and different power sockets, but no luck. Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:21 AM
  • kristoh, not sure if any of this will help, but this is the standard advice:

- if you had any other kinect drivers installed before you tried to install Kinect for Windows SDK Beta, you need to uninstall them first.
    - When you tried other USB ports, did you make sure no other USB devices were plugged in to same USB controller at the same time? Also, if you're using a USB extension, those often don't work and you need to plug in directly to PC.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:36 PM
  • I have the same issue,

there is no Camera or Micro showing up.. I dont have any other Kinect drivers installed, I also tried to plug it into other USB Hubs / Ports and restarted my computer several times, no luck..

I hope someone can help me 

EDIT: got it working, I plugged the power in an unpowered socket
    Now I have another problem:  Skeletal Viewer gives an error "NuiInitialize failed", tried again all USB-Ports, no luck..
    Friday, July 1, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Raphael, could you post the error code that you get? Also, did you try this WITHOUT any other USB devices plugged in to same USB controller?

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 5:09 PM