none
Installing application to run as administrator by default

Question

• Hello,

I have an application that comes with an install wizard. The install wizard is programmed in VS 2010. How can I configure the install wizard in VS 2010 to install the application so that it runs as an administrator by default?

Thanks.
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

if I understand it correctly, it should start the application as administrator and not the installer.

In this case you could for example add the following line to the manifest of the application:

<requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" />

Then it always requires administrative rights. Always. Independent how your installation process works.

Regards,

David

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

if I understand it correctly, it should start the application as administrator and not the installer.

In this case you could for example add the following line to the manifest of the application:

<requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" />

Then it always requires administrative rights. Always. Independent how your installation process works.

Regards,

David

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:23 PM
  • Thanks a lot David.
    Tuesday, August 02, 2016 7:16 PM
  • Hi gib898,

If you think David's reply is helpful, please mark his reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 1:45 AM