How to license a component for its use from a Windows 8 Store application?

Question

• Hi all,

I need some advise regarding licensing the use of a library which will be used by a final MetroStyle app.

The library targets the .NET Framework 2.0 and uses a third-party component to license its use by machine. I understand that I must migrate the code of my library to a Portable Library project in order to use it from a Metro-style app and I also know that the component which licenses my library can not be migrated since it is a C++/CLI mixed library.

The migrated library will be used by a different company (an integrator) to build a MetroStyle app and sell it through the  Windows 8 Store.

At this point I have two important questions:

Is there a way to license the use of my library using the Portable Library framework? I don't want to give my library without a license to control its use.
    Is there any supported licensing model for the Windows 8 Store for such a type of software providers who develop components that might be use for other integrators that would develop the final application?

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Jesse_F Friday, May 25, 2012 1:25 PM (From:Windows Store: Publishing Metro Style apps for Windows 8)
    Friday, May 25, 2012 1:08 PM

All replies