No flicks in Windows 8?

Question

• I'm used to touch in Windows 7 on my ASUS EP121, and one of my most used gestures in Windows 7 was the 'back' flick.

In Windows 8, even though flicks are enabled in the control panel they just don't work. I'm hoping this is just an oversight and they'll be coming back in the beta, or is there some method of getting them to work now?

Thanks,

Mark.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• I reported same issue on MSI WindPad 110W

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:49 AM
  • I have the same problem with my acer 1825PT and I miss them very much.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:37 PM
  • Same issue on eee T91MT.  I'd assumed it was a driver issue (i.e. the screen was being recognised as some kind of mouse/touchpad) because if I go to tablet settings, and enable flicks and click 'Practice using flicks' then when I try to practice it tells me 'flicks cannot be performed with a mouse'
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 5:16 PM
  • I have had the same issue with the EP121 with flicks not working. However, they do work with the pen, just not with touch.

-Dom

lda
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:05 PM
  • Guess you'll have to report it using the feedback tool.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:05 AM
  • experience the same with hp2740p
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Flicks are working for me, but only with the pen on my Samsung Series 7 Slate.  I get the mouse message when I use my finger.
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:27 AM
  • Flicks are working for me, but only with the pen on my Samsung Series 7 Slate.  I get the mouse message when I use my finger.

Is a flick a touch "gesture"?  I got the impression from the Build presentation on the Touch Language that such complications might be deprecated?   I removed my nTrig  nAct  package because of that; otherwise most of its gestures and features were working to some extent (and I wasn't even a very experienced Touch user before that so YMMV.)

---

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:38 PM