none
Secret not found error when building/running USQL

Question

• I have a data lake analytics account and writing a simple script that references a json file in azure storage container

Azure Storage Account is already connected to the data lake analytics acount int azure portal as a data source.

When I try to build or run the script (both in Visual Studio and in the portal) I get the following error:

Error E_STORE_USER_FAILURE: Secret not found for the specified user account Cosmos Path: wasb://CONTAINER_NAME@STORAGE_ACCOUNT_NAME.core.windows.net/devices.json

Have any one encountered this issue? When searching on the internet the only solution i can find is to add the storage acount as a data source to the data lake analytics account which i already did.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:21 PM

All replies

• Could it be that the storage account key got renewed/changed? You may need to update the key of the registered account since they do not automatically propagate.

Michael Rys

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Thx for the answer but did that as well. And I am anyway letting the portal to pick the key.
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:38 AM
  • What do you mean with letting the portal picking the key? If you register the blob store account with ADL, you will have to provide the storage access key that is active at the time. If the storage access key of the blob store account changes, it will have to be updated.

Have you tried access the storage account with the same key that you registered it with through for example the Azure Storage Explorer?

Michael Rys

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:23 PM
  • Actually you can pick from a list of storage accounts in your subscription. Then you don't need to provide a key.

If key changes you just press the update key button and after a few seconds the new key is filled in automatically by the portal.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 8:31 AM