OpenFilePicker Openning to Specific location

Question

• Hello,

My app allows users to create custom buttons with pictures on them.  In order to give the user some customization, I include a group of images for them to pick which I put in the app local folder.  Is there away to have the open file picker to default to that location first?

Is there another answer to this scenario otherwise if not?

Thank you for the responses!

Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:20 PM

Answers

• No, you can suggest the file picker start in any of several standard locations, but you can't enforce that and you cannot add your own locations.

If you want to pick specifically from your app data folder then you'd be better off with your own picker. That folder is not directly exposed to users.

--Rob

Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:48 PM
    Owner

All replies

• No, you can suggest the file picker start in any of several standard locations, but you can't enforce that and you cannot add your own locations.

If you want to pick specifically from your app data folder then you'd be better off with your own picker. That folder is not directly exposed to users.

--Rob

Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:48 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Rob for the answer.  Do you know of any examples that show a good way of pointing to the app data folder?

Josh

Saturday, April 26, 2014 3:58 PM
  • No. You'd present your own custom UI. From the user's point of view that's all internal to the application.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:08 AM
    Owner