none
Start Windows Media Player in middle of video RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an Access database that uses Windows Media Player (WMP) on a form. I can change the video that is playing using code to reset the URL. I often need to start the video part way into the video. Say 5 minutes into the video. How do I code that?

Thanks in advance

Ken

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:41 PM

Answers

• Hello Ken,

Do you want to let the video start from 5 minutes?

According to Using the Windows Media Player Control with Microsoft Office, you could go to property sheet -> Others -> custom -> Advanced -> Current position

In VBA, it would be:

Dim a As WindowsMediaPlayer
    Set a = Me.WindowsMediaPlayer0
    a.Controls.currentPosition = ""

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Wilkinstein Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:57 PM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 10:14 AM

All replies

• Why not just edit the video?

Build a little, test a little

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:41 PM
  • The app shows sections of many videos and selects different sections based on established criteria at the time of showing.

Ken

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:45 PM
  • Hello Ken,

Do you want to let the video start from 5 minutes?

According to Using the Windows Media Player Control with Microsoft Office, you could go to property sheet -> Others -> custom -> Advanced -> Current position

In VBA, it would be:

Dim a As WindowsMediaPlayer
    Set a = Me.WindowsMediaPlayer0
    a.Controls.currentPosition = ""

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Wilkinstein Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:57 PM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 10:14 AM