none
Print a report in color RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Access 2010 with Windows 7.  I have an Access Database that is used by many people so setting the printer to a specific printer is not an option.  I have a ribbon that has print, email and close the print preview. The print on the ribbon is a quick print. By default, the printer uses the default printer for that person. I can go to Printers and Devices and set up my printer to print color but when I print the report it overrides my settings.  I can do right click and print.  Then go to print properties and it has the color set to Mono.  I select color and print and it prints in color but I have to do this each time.

I have an Access 2002 version of this database and when I print the report, it prints in color.  Is there a ways to make this report to not override the settings for the default printer.

Thanks

Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Since maybe A2003 or 2007 we have a Printer object (see help file) that *may* be able to assist in this quest.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Friday, September 11, 2015 3:58 AM
  • You open the print dialog window with VBA code and change the settings.

Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("PrintDialogAccess")

Friday, September 11, 2015 1:42 PM
  • Hi Arkansas,

I agree with Tom, for more information about Printer Object, you could refer the link below:

# Printer Object (Access)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/ff837177.aspx

If you have any issue about this, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 14, 2015 5:17 AM