none
SQL Server Version and Edition on Linux

Question

• Hi All,

Recently, I have gone through the documents for SQL installation on Linux(Red Hat and Ubuntu).

I am not able to get the information about What SQL editions /versions we can install on Linux.Can anyone please share,  if there are any information/links related to this.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Currently you can only install SQL Server Version vNext and that version is in preview state and therefore it is an Evaluation Edition.

Im am sure with final release we get the same editions as for Windows.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Marked as answer by mito access Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:16 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:06 AM
  • Hi All,

Recently, I have gone through the documents for SQL installation on Linux(Red Hat and Ubuntu).

I am not able to get the information about What SQL editions /versions we can install on Linux.Can anyone please share,  if there are any information/links related to this.

There is not official news about edition and it would be hard to say what all editions would be supported. Enterprise for sure  and I believe standard would also make its way

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Currently you can only install SQL Server Version vNext and that version is in preview state and therefore it is an Evaluation Edition.

Im am sure with final release we get the same editions as for Windows.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:06 AM
  • Hi All,

There is not official news about edition and it would be hard to say what all editions would be supported. Enterprise for sure  and I believe standard would also make its way

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:10 AM
  • Thanks to All.
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15 AM