Azure Local Storage for temporary jpg in xslt RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web application which dynamically writes a jpg to a file, then accesses that jpg to display it in a pdf file by means of an xslt transformation using flow objects (i.e. fo).

The transformation references the full file path of the created file using <fo:external-graphic src="url('file:[fullpath to jpg]')"/>. All this works fine on a standard platform, but if I use the Azure Local Storage to get the path using RoleEnvironment.GetLocalResource("LocalStorage1").RootPath, the transformaton is unable to retrieve the file, even though it does exist. Is this inherently not possible, or do I need to change some settings somewhere?

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:37 PM

Answers

• Well - .RootPath returns a string with a local file system directory. You need to append the file name to that. Whatever you can do with file system paths as strings in your "standard platform", should equally work here too.
    Dominick Baier | thinktecture | http://www.leastprivilege.com
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

You could use RDP to connect the remote cloud machine, you may check the file system structure, file ACL and maybe logs, this may help you to locate the issue.

Thanks,

Mog Liang
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:31 AM

All replies

• Well - .RootPath returns a string with a local file system directory. You need to append the file name to that. Whatever you can do with file system paths as strings in your "standard platform", should equally work here too.
    Dominick Baier | thinktecture | http://www.leastprivilege.com
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, Dominick. Yes, I have already appended the filename itself, so there must be something else awry. However, your reply gives me some hope that retrieving the file from the local file system should work.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

You could use RDP to connect the remote cloud machine, you may check the file system structure, file ACL and maybe logs, this may help you to locate the issue.

Thanks,

Mog Liang
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:31 AM