none
Visual Studio 2012- Load Test Virtual Users Activity Chart RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a load test with the "Based on Number of Virtual Users" Test mix model and i have 3 web performance tests on the load test with a distribution of 34%, 33% and 33%.

I have used Constant load pattern and I have 3 users and I'm running my tests on Iteration basis.

When I run the tests with 3 users and 3 iterations, the Virtual User Activity Chart shows 3 lines with each user executing each test and the summary shows a total of 3 tests executed.

When I do the same for 3 users and 9 Itreations where i would want each test to be executed thrice, the Activity chart displays:

- 3 tests executed for the first test.

- 2 tests executed for the second test.

- 1 test executed for the third test.

The summary page shows it had executed 9 tests. The Total tests shown are 4, 3 and 2 tests, whereas the graph shows 3, 2 and 1 respectively.

Could you please provide your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Madan

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please see my third reply this thread with similar issue:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/fd520b7b-05bc-49d0-913d-1ce4b79a9e20/load-testing-need-to-run-exactly-same-number-of-wpts

I have tried three test mix mode: Based on the total number of tests, Based on the number of virtual users, Based on sequential order, I can’t see equal running counts for each web test in load test.

About test mix models, please see: Editing Text Mix Models to Specify the Probability of a Virtual User Running a Test

As far as I know, Based on user pace: Over the course of the load test, each Web performance test or unit test is run a specified number of times per users, per hour. Use this test mix model when you want virtual users to run test at a certain pace throughout the load test. Maybe you can try this test mix model.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 13, 2013 6:41 AM
  • I think the descriptions of the load mixes are intended to apply when a statistically large enough numbers of tests have been executed. The descriptions include words about the "probability of a virtual user running a given test" (see the "Editing..." link in Amanda's answer). When only nine test cases are executed I can easily imagine that choosing tests according to some probability pattern will produce the 4:3:2 counts.

Regards

Adrian

Friday, September 13, 2013 8:14 AM