locked
Search Results Web Part is not showing any results RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am working on sharepoint server 2013 , and i want to develop a page which shows all our sharepoint users.

    so i did the following steps :-

    • Create a new site collection of type "Enterprise Search Center".
    • Add a new page that have "People Search" page layout. this new page will contain a web part of type "Search Result"
    • Modify the "Search Results" web part, and i change its query to show all people which have @ in their work email as follow:-
    -

    enter image description here

    • but the search did not return any results:-

    enter image description here

    Although when i click on a username link (such as i click on the username inside modifiedBy field or CreatedBy field) inside a sharepoint list item, i will be redirected to the following page, which shows the email address:-

    enter image description here

    so can anyone adivce how i can force the People Search to show results ?


    • Edited by johnjohn11 Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:35 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:33 AM

Answers

  • Hi johnjhon123,

    It seems that the managed property is not searchable.

    Navigate to CA->application management->manage service application->search service application->search schema->make sure the "workemail" managed property is mapped to the corresponding crawled property and it is searchable, queryable, retrieveable.

    Besides, make sure the sps3://sp is contained in the content source.

    Then start a full crawl.

    Best Regards,

    Lisa Chen


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Monday, March 28, 2016 7:18 AM

All replies

  • Hi johnjohn123,

    I have done a test in my SharePoint 2013 and I can reproduce your issue.

    But it works with other value, such as: WorkEmail:com.

    It seems that the @ character can't be identified by SharePoint search.

    So I would suggest you use another value which is contained in work email instead of @.

    Best Regards,

    Lisa Chen


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hi johnjohn123,

    I have done a test in my SharePoint 2013 and I can reproduce your issue.

    But it works with other value, such as: WorkEmail:com.

    It seems that the @ character can't be identified by SharePoint search.

    So I would suggest you use another value which is contained in work email instead of @.

    Best Regards,

    Lisa Chen


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    not sure what is the problem in my case , i change the query as follow:-

    also i define the following query "AccountName:f",, but i did not receive any result..

    Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:20 PM
  • Hi JohnJohn123,

    What is the email address of the users?

    You need to confirm that the com is contained in the work email address.

    Or you can try query like "WorkEmail:administrator@contoso.com" and compare the results.(change the email address to your user).

    Best Regards,

    Lisa Chen


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Friday, March 18, 2016 2:23 AM
  • Hi JohnJohn123,

    What is the email address of the users?

    You need to confirm that the com is contained in the work email address.

    Or you can try query like "WorkEmail:administrator@contoso.com" and compare the results.(change the email address to your user).

    Best Regards,

    Lisa Chen


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    their email already contain .com and i tried setting specific user email or account name,, but did not work.. not sure what is the problem? now inside my content sources i have defined the web application url to get crawled .. so not sure if i need to add the users info site inside the crawl ??as seems the search is not showing any results...


    • Edited by johnjohn11 Friday, March 18, 2016 3:11 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 3:11 PM
  • Hi johnjhon123,

    It seems that the managed property is not searchable.

    Navigate to CA->application management->manage service application->search service application->search schema->make sure the "workemail" managed property is mapped to the corresponding crawled property and it is searchable, queryable, retrieveable.

    Besides, make sure the sps3://sp is contained in the content source.

    Then start a full crawl.

    Best Regards,

    Lisa Chen


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Monday, March 28, 2016 7:18 AM