none
Windows 2012 R2 - Random .NET crashes from the Network RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

We have some really serious and odd issues with our .NET application running from a network. The OS is Windows 2012 R2 and we have also Oracle 11g 64bit installed. The problem is that we keep having some random crashes while running it from the network even though we have already applied caspol policies and repaired .NET. The errors that we can see from the event-viewer are to do with Kernellbase.dll and other dll files as well (See below):

Faulting module name: MSVCR120_CLR0400.dll, version: 12.0.51670.34230, time stamp: 0x53be2cb3

Exception code: 0xc0000006

Fault offset: 0x0000000000001430

Faulting process id: 0x2660

Faulting application start time: 0x01d11f7c5c7683a4

Faulting application path: V:\BuildDrops\QA Drops\QA Versions\NEW_SCREENQA\#Latest#\IBMS Cinema.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120_CLR0400.dll

Report Id: 7e266cec-8b9d-11e5-80cc-d89d67634f71

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application Version:                           6.15.1108.1

Application Timestamp:                     563f30ad

Fault Module Name:                          KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version:                        6.3.9600.18007

Fault Module Timestamp:                  55c4c341

Exception Code:                                  c0000006

Exception Offset:                                000000000000871c

OS Version:                                          6.3.9600.2.0.0.16.7

Locale ID:                                             2057

Additional Information 1:                  5148

Additional Information 2:                  5148e14cab1bb51d3afd1bd76fac2e87

Additional Information 3:                  efdc

Additional Information 4:                  efdc7806b072ba4d870f4d5fd7241124

but, I guess we need some really DEBUG application which it would be great if you could advice of any that I can easily use. In addition, when we run the application locally, there're no crashes and moreover on Windows 2008 R2 the application runs well both locally and on the network. 

I'm probably missing something here which may have to do with the OS level or the fact that I cannot really remove .NET 4.5 from Windows 2012 as it's a built-in feature which if it gets removed, I will lose the GUI therefore, I would strongly appreciate if someone can help us solving this mystery.

Nitsan Reznik

Thursday, November 26, 2015 4:14 PM

Answers

•  Hi Nitsan Reznik,

>>problem still occurs only when running from a mapped network drive

From your description, I suspect the problem may due to the mapped network drive, because it may cause some network connection issue and lead to the failure. please manually remove or install .net framework with offline installer instead of mapped network drive.

Best Regards,

Wen

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Nitsan Reznik,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>1) I cannot really remove .NET 4.5 from Windows 2012

.NET Framework 4.5 Supported Windows Server 2012 (included with OS)

according to Microsoft

So you you couldn't  remove .NET Framework 4.5 from other way, but by going to Control Panel->Turn Windows features on or off, enable .NET Framework 4.5

For your issue, I suspect there is something wrong with your OS, the files could be missing or corrupted.  you may use sfc /scannow to check your OS. Repair the registry is now required to fix this issue. See here about that command:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491008.aspx
    Another reference link:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, November 27, 2015 2:32 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We ended up installing Windows 2012 R2 on a brand new server however, problem still occurs only when running from a mapped network drive. We even tried mapping the drive and pointed it to a different server as we thought it's something to do the destination server but no luck. 

Please advice.

Nitsan Reznik

Friday, November 27, 2015 8:18 AM
  •  Hi Nitsan Reznik,

>>problem still occurs only when running from a mapped network drive

From your description, I suspect the problem may due to the mapped network drive, because it may cause some network connection issue and lead to the failure. please manually remove or install .net framework with offline installer instead of mapped network drive.

Best Regards,

Wen

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:41 AM