xaml formating in Blend RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I design an interface I use Blend, but after a while I usually have to move to Visual Studio to do more tweaking since VS is more powerful (it has intelisence - why not Blend??). The best way to recognize an object in xaml (at least for me) is to look for the object name and the best way to quickly find something is to have the name of the object at the very beginning of the line like:

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot"  - and after that all other properties

So, before I would do anything I have to start a very painful process of moving the names to the beginning of the line so finally I would be able to work with it. I know that after creating an object in Blend if I would give a name immediately the "x:Name" property would be created at the beginning of the line, but very often I would copy something, or move, or do first some tweaking and than the x:Name will not be the beginning of the line...

I understand that you can't format xaml completely, because everyone is using different properties, but you should be able to keep at least a name at the same spot: beginning of the line. This might not be the best approach for everyone, so maybe solution is some extra option in the Menu?

Thank you for listening!
    Adam
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:47 PM

Answers

•  This is a good idea Adam. We really want to do this for the next version of Blend (we wanted to do it for Blend 2 but ran out of time).

Thanks,
    Unni
    Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:40 AM