Can't get Dell Inspiron Duo Bluetooth working

Question

• Has anyone got bluetooth working on a Dell Duo?

I downloaded the drivers, unpacked them, and ran the setup in windows 7 compatibility mode but nothing happened, not even an error message dialog.

Eric

Monday, September 26, 2011 4:56 PM

All replies

• Carbaholic,

The problem sounds like this is a driver issue.  Please post here the information on your computer and this device and include the driver version and the location of the driver download and we will make sure the information is passed on to the right feature group for review.

Thanks,

Chris
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:36 PM
  • Hi Eric,

We are aware of this issue and working with the IHV to find a solution.

Thanks,

EricLi [MSFT]

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:43 PM
  • thanks for the replies!

definitely a driver issue, I hope Eric Li will post when they've got us some new drivers :)

Friday, September 30, 2011 10:11 PM
  • Hi Eric,

I also have the similar kind of problem. I have a DELL inspiron laptop. After I installed windows 8 developer preview, Even I installed the bluetooth driver, I unable to connect to my mobile(nokia) using bluetooth. Its showing my mobile in the list. But not allowing me to select and proceed to the next screen. Thanks in advance if any one can help me for this problem.

--

Regards,

Jamal.

JAMAL
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Hi Jamal,

When the pairing failed with your Nokia device, what kind of error are you seeing? what model is the Nokia phone you are trying to pair with?

It will be a good idea to try pairing with another device (e.g. Bluetooth mouse/keyboard/phone) to see if the pairing issue is specific to the Nokia device.

Thanks,

EricLi [MSFT]

Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:29 AM
  • Hi Eric,

I am trying to connect my Nokia C6-01. It's showing "Adding your Phone failed. Error code: 0x80070490, type 2. Try again." Like this it display. I don't know why its not connecting even my mobile phone support Bluetooth 3.0 due to Symbiam^3 OS. Have any solution for this problem? Thanks.

Regards,

Jamal.

JAMAL
    Friday, October 7, 2011 3:08 AM
  • Hi Jamal,

I was able to reproduce your issue with the BUILD conference release. I believe the issue has been address internally. Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround for you for this issue.

Thanks,

Eric

Friday, October 7, 2011 7:47 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for the time taken to reproduce my issue. Is this issue has informed to Microsoft Development to fix in the next release or windows update team? Thanks.

-Jamal.

JAMAL
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:52 PM
  • Can we not mark this as answered until there is a link posted with working drivers?

I appreciate Eric's info, it was accurate and helpful; it gives me 100% confidence that you guys are working on this issue, but it's not the answer to my problem.

Can't wait for those new drivers!

Eric

Monday, October 10, 2011 10:10 PM
  • Hi Jamal,

Yes, the Microsoft Development team is aware of the issue.

Thanks,

EricLi [MSFT]

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:15 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply and timely support.

Regards,

Jamal.

JAMAL
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:28 PM
  • Any updates on this issue?
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:50 AM
  • I believe that I have an answer, at least for x64.  I'm not sure exactly which steps are required, but here's what I did.

1) Go to Services and change the bluetooth Support service from manual to automatic.  And start it.

2) Download the Windows 7 version of the Atheros software from Dell.  The 32-bit package includes the x64 driver software as well.

3) Unzip the package

4) Set the installer to Win7 compatiblity.

5)  Install the Atheros bluetooth client.  When prompted by the installer, install ONLY the bluetooth client.  The WLAN client will foul your WiFi drivers.

6) Reboot, and start pairing.

Does anyone have the accelerometer working yet?

By the way, I installed both x86 and x64 on the Duo.  I don't see a bit difference, but I'm sticking with x64.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:09 PM
  • moderators, please be more judicious when you mark something as answer. Five of you marked a post as an answer that answered a sub-post, not the OP thread.

lovalovob, I'm marking yours as the answer and I'll give it a shot tonight. 

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:11 PM
  • Well, I tried and it didn't work for me, was your answer for MyJamal?

The original purpose of this post is to get bluetooth working on a Dell Inspiron Duo.

Monday, November 7, 2011 10:35 PM
  • EricLi stated the developers were able to reproduce the bluetooth issue you are seeing. However, they may not come back to the thread and give a solution or workaround.

Hopefully, it may work in the Beta product but it may not work until the product is released.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:56 PM
  • I suppose the question will be answered then :)
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:41 PM
  • I believe that I have an answer, at least for x64.  I'm not sure exactly which steps are required, but here's what I did.

1) Go to Services and change the bluetooth Support service from manual to automatic.  And start it.

2) Download the Windows 7 version of the Atheros software from Dell.  The 32-bit package includes the x64 driver software as well.

3) Unzip the package

4) Set the installer to Win7 compatiblity.

5)  Install the Atheros bluetooth client.  When prompted by the installer, install ONLY the bluetooth client.  The WLAN client will foul your WiFi drivers.

6) Reboot, and start pairing.

Thanks!
    Worked for me,
    On two separate installation sessions (32-bit).

- Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 10:47 PM
  • http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=57&system=5

This worked for me.

Download the file, unzip it, and simply run the bluetooth_suite_win7 application to add all of the drivers.

It will tell you that some of the drivers failed to install but all of the ones you need will be ready to use

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:13 AM