Read HTML from a web page and place data in form RRS feed

• Question

• User-1193791088 posted

Is there a tutorial for showing how to read code from an open browser web page and place that code on certain controls on your page form?

ie.

I would like to search, then copy some product info for storage into a database for product information.

I purchase an item from Home Depot, and I like to store price, sku#, model #, warranty info for my equipment records. Right now I have to have both pages open, and I copy and paste each individual item to the textbox in my form, then save. Is there a way to code a data mine to a button click event that would grab the specific info I want and post it into my form? 

Saturday, August 4, 2018 6:55 PM

All replies

• User-893317190 posted

Hi RobertH3 ,

Since  Home Depot isn’t your own website , it’s hard to get information from a web page in Home Depot.

You could try to use web crawler to try to meet achieve your requirement, it could get the html codes from that page, then you could get the data from the capture html codes , but I suggest you had better contact Home Depot to confirm whether it provides any service that could meet your requirement.

Tutorial of  web crawler in c# https://medium.com/@thepen0411/web-crawling-tutorial-in-c-48d921ef956a

Best regards,

Ackerly Xu

Monday, August 6, 2018 9:56 AM