SSIS package executed from stored procedure fails with status 6 when using Synchronized RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am executing a SSIS package from a stored procedure. I want to set it to run as synchronized, because I have to return the status of the execution. 

If I set the synchronized parameter to TRUE, the package ends unexpectedly ( status 6). If I remove the synchronized setting, then everything works fine. 

Has anyone encountered this issue? 

DECLARE @var0 smallint = 1
    EXEC [SSISDB].[catalog].[set_execution_parameter_value] 
    @execution_id,  
    @object_type=50, 
    @parameter_name=N'SYNCHRONIZED', 
    @parameter_value=@var0

Friday, October 18, 2019 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Onaa,

I do not understand what you are doing.

Running set_execution_parameter_value from within SSIS?

Why value 1 and what has SYNCHRONIZED to do with "I have to return the status of the execution?"

Execution of what?

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, October 18, 2019 3:24 PM
  • Hi Onaa,

The following links will be helpful:

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:07 AM
  • Hello Arthur,

I am trying to execute the SSIS package from a stored procedure and I need to keep the procedure running until the execution of the SSIS package is finished. I have noticed that setting the Synchronized parameter with 1 does not work within a  begin transaction.

Monday, October 21, 2019 12:33 PM
  • Hi Onaa,

Please refer to A Better Way To Execute SSIS Packages With T-SQL.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:31 AM