none
Project Server 2010/ Project Professional 2010 - Ribbon Customization in Enterprise Global - SetCustomUI (ribbonXml) - Parameters for labelControl RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Forum,

i am implementing a customized tab in the Project Professional 2010 Client-Ribbon of the E-Global in a Project Server 2010-System. Currently my focus is on the improvement of the representation of labels in my tab: one group in the tab is used to switch between different views (that come with the E-Global), so i have two buttons (next/ preceding view) and one label that shows the name of the currently applied view. The obstacle to actualize the label-string is surrounded by rebuilding the ribbon with the label-string variable each time the view has been changed. Now my current problem is quite simple: the names of my views don't have the same length, so each time i switch the view the width of my group in the tab changes and thus the behaviour of the UI doesn't appear as neat as i would like it to be.

So first i tried to fill up all the lable-strings with blanks to the same length, but here i saw, that the string representation in the ribbon doesn't use the same width for each caracter and so the length of the label still changes each time another string ("Gantt-Chart","MyView",...) is inserted.

Do you know of further attributes that i can use with the custom ui element labelControl to give an input for the length, or do you have another idea to approach this challenge?

If further information is required, please ask.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Phil
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:21 AM

All replies

• There isn't anything that I'm aware of. The View's name is actually visible in the View bar, so is it necessary to show in the button?

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:45 AM
  • Hi Rod,

well besides the name of the view, i was thinking of some kind of info-label like "Use this view to reduce actuals in the future"/ "Remove local resources from the plan"/ "Assure that column xy is filled out for each summary task". Alternatively i'm looking for some kind of visual change in the tab: when the view is changed via one of the two buttons another button image is shown between the two buttons (clicking the button could trigger a fancy MsgBox with a description of the currently applied view). But here i would like to use custom designed buttons, are these somehow available, i fear not?

Do you see another option?

Thanx and best regards

Phil

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:06 PM