none
.Net Framework 3.5.1 Feature not available to install on Windows 2008 Standard RRS feed

• Question

• Working with a new server running Windows Server Standard 2008 32 bit.  In "Add Features" for Server Manager .Net Framework 3.5 is not an option.  However it is showig in the Programs & Features.  The .Net Framework 3.0 does show.  I have removed the .Net 3.0, uninstalled 3.5 from Programs - reinstalled 3.5 and 3.0 is showing again in the list of Installed features. 

Any explanation on why 3.5 is not appearing?

Thanks.
    Carlton
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Carlton,

.NET Framework 3.0 is one of the Windows component installed since Windows Vista (For Windows 2008 R2 or Win7, the .NET Framework 3.5.1 so-called .NET Framework 3.5 sp1 is installed.)

Windows 2008 released with .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 & 3.0 SP1 in the OS.

To install .NET Framework 3.5 sp1, please download and install from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

If there is any problem, please let me know.

Thanks.

Figo Fei
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:05 AM
    Friday, March 19, 2010 1:05 AM
  • I have a similar problem.  My machine has Windows 2008 Enterprise x64 installed.  Under "Features" (Server Manager -> Features) ".NET Framework 3.0 Features" is listed.  Unfortunately, I need to have .NET Framework 3.5.1 (a.k.a 3.5 SP1).  I checked in "Installed Programs" (Control Pannel -> Program and Features).  There it is, "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1", publisher "Microsoft Corporation", installed 8/6/2010. size 32.4Mb.  But shouldn't it be a "Feature" and not just an installed  program.

I go searching for answers. I found the above note.  I follow the steps and download dotnetfx35setup.exe and run it.  Dotnetfx35setup asks me if I want to "repair" or "uninstall".  That to me implies that .NET Framework 3.5.1 is installed.  I chose the "repair" option.  It appears to have installed nicely.  Yet, still in "Features" there is not any sign of .NET Framework 3.5.1.

So the question is: Do I have .NET Framework 3.5.1 installed as a feature?

Thanks,

James.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:42 PM
  • I too have encountered this on Win2008 R2.  Has there been any resolve to this one?  I see that I have the framework installed, see it in Programs and Features, yet it's not in my Features section of Server Manager.
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Dear Figo Fei

We followed the method suggested.  Unlike Mr. James H.'s  scenario- but for Win OS 7 and 64 bit processor,   .NET Framework 3.5.1  is listed under "Windows Features Turn on/Off" but  not listed under Control Pannel -> Program and Features. 

We even Verified as in site t http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx.

No required result. Could you pls guide further?

Thanks & Regards

ursri

Monday, January 31, 2011 1:11 PM
  • Hello ,

This does not help, Could you please help me.

regards,

Dharanesh,

Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:51 PM
  • Hello Dharanesh.

Please start a new thread and explain your .NET Framework issue completely.

You have posted to a closed, 4 year old thread where few, if any, potential helpers will see your post.

If you start a new thread, your post will go to the top of the list in this forum as an unanswered question, and get a lot of attention.

When you start your new thread, please be sure to provide your Windows version, the .NET Framework version you are trying to install, and the problem (quoting the error message, if possible).

Also, provide install logs as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like OneDrive, and post the link here.

Friday, June 12, 2015 2:54 AM