How to clear space in TFS Application server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our TFS server disk space is running very low and I need to clear some space in application server.

Is it safe to delete everything under folder "\%programfiles%\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010\Application Tier\Web Services\_tfs_data".

If yes, do i need to stop all services using "Quiesce" service command and then clear the files under "_tfs_data"

Thanks & regards, Sambit

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:12 AM

Answers

• Hi SaLiBra,

Did you use TFS Server 2010?

>>Is it safe to delete everything under folder "\%programfiles%\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010\Application Tier\Web Services\_tfs_data".

Yes, it’s safety. You could see the section of “Clear the Data Cache on Servers” of this page.

You need to stop TFS application server, then delete the content under folder of “_tfs_data”.

In addition, as far as I know, server caching does not consume much disk space. So, I suggest you delete the agent work folder to save the disk space.

Please use command line tool called TFS Workspaces Cleaner.

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SaLiBra Monday, November 27, 2017 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi SaLiBra,

Did you use TFS Server 2010?

>>Is it safe to delete everything under folder "\%programfiles%\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010\Application Tier\Web Services\_tfs_data".

Yes, it’s safety. You could see the section of “Clear the Data Cache on Servers” of this page.

You need to stop TFS application server, then delete the content under folder of “_tfs_data”.

In addition, as far as I know, server caching does not consume much disk space. So, I suggest you delete the agent work folder to save the disk space.

Please use command line tool called TFS Workspaces Cleaner.

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SaLiBra Monday, November 27, 2017 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:44 AM
  • We are using TFS 2012.

Thanks & regards, Sambit

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:51 AM
  • Hi,

Clear “Drive:\%programfiles%\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 11.0\Application Tier\Web Services\_tfs_data”

Regards

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Kim CarlsenMVP Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:45 AM
    Thursday, November 23, 2017 7:40 AM
  • Thanks Chen for your reply.

I will be performing the activity on this weekend and will let you know if it works .

Thanks & regards, Sambit

Thursday, November 23, 2017 7:47 AM