none
Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer : Child process exited with error code '3' with files larger than 1 GB

Question

• I am running version 0.8.12 Storage Explorer after recently updating.  I was working on great with the previous version, but since the update, I have not been able to continue my uploads.  Anything that is larger than 1 Gb will fail with the error code "Child process exited with error code '3'"

Is there anything that I can do to resolve this issue?

• Edited by Md Shihab Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:22 PM Edited title
    Monday, April 10, 2017 1:44 PM

All replies

• Since I had the Storage Explorer Version 0.8.9 installer still saved, I uninstalled 0.8.12 and installed the older version.  Everything is working as expected again.  I started uploading the .PST files with no issue.  I hope that they find a resolution to why it will not work with the newer versions.  Feel free to inquire about other details of running environment of working and non-working Azure Storage Explorer.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 7:09 PM
  • Hello bRice187,
    I'm Jake a Software Developer on the Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer team. Sorry you're running into this issue! Let's see if we can get to the bottom of it!

How far into the upload did it get?

Are you using Windows, Mac, or Linux?

If you launch the Developer Tools (F12) - Do you see any errors in the Console?

Best Regards,
    Jake

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:03 PM