none
.NET installer failure - pending reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem instaling .Net 4 the installer complains about the reboot pending on my machine.

Multiple reboots are not helping ,  i've also searched registry for PendingFileRenameOperations without any match.

Any ideas what to do ?

Thanks in advance,

Lukasz

Blocking Issues:

Setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted. Please restart your computer and rerun Setup.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
    <!-- The Extended Copyright/Trademark Language Resides At: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyrtInfrg.htm -->
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>

<span class="act"><div class="sectionHdr"><a href="#" onclick="toggleSection(); event.returnValue=false;"><span class="sectionExp"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>BlockIf: The .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and the .NET Framework 4 Extended must be removed separately. Please use Control Panel to uninstall these programs. For more information, see the <A HREF="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=164156">Readme file</A>.</span><span class="sectionExp2">...<BR></span></a></div><div class="section">
    <span class="msg"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57]</span>The .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and the .NET Framework 4 Extended must be removed separately. Please use Control Panel to uninstall these programs. For more information, see the <A HREF="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=164156">Readme file</A>.<BR></span>
    <span class="msg"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57]</span>evaluating BlockIf:<BR></span>
    <span class="act"><div class="sectionHdr"><a href="#" onclick="toggleSection(); event.returnValue=false;"><span class="sectionExp"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Equals: evaluating</span><span class="sectionExp2">...<BR></span></a></div><div class="section">
    <span class="msg"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57]</span>Current Operation value is Installing<BR></span></div><div class="sectionHdr"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Equals evaluated to false<BR></div></span>
    </div><div class="sectionHdr"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>BlockIf evaluated to false<BR></div></span>

<span class="act"><div class="sectionHdr"><a href="#" onclick="toggleSection(); event.returnValue=false;"><span class="sectionExp"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>BlockIf: Setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted. Please restart your computer and rerun Setup.</span><span class="sectionExp2">...<BR></span></a></div><div class="section">
    <span class="msg"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57]</span>Setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted. Please restart your computer and rerun Setup.<BR></span>
    <span class="msg"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57]</span>evaluating BlockIf:<BR></span>
    <span class="act"><div class="sectionHdr"><a href="#" onclick="toggleSection(); event.returnValue=false;"><span class="sectionExp"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>And: evaluating</span><span class="sectionExp2">...<BR></span></a></div><div class="section">
    <span class="act"><div class="sectionHdr"><a href="#" onclick="toggleSection(); event.returnValue=false;"><span class="sectionExp"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>And: evaluating</span><span class="sectionExp2">...<BR></span></a></div><div class="section">
    <span class="act"><div class="sectionHdr"><a href="#" onclick="toggleSection(); event.returnValue=false;"><span class="sectionExp"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Exists: evaluating</span><span class="sectionExp2">...<BR></span></a></div><div class="section">
    <span class="msg"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57]</span>RebootPending:  A reboot is pending<BR></span></div><div class="sectionHdr"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Exists evaluated to true<BR></div></span>

<span class="act"><div class="sectionHdr"><a href="#" onclick="toggleSection(); event.returnValue=false;"><span class="sectionExp"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Or: evaluating</span><span class="sectionExp2">...<BR></span></a></div><div class="section">
    <span class="act"><div class="sectionHdr"><a href="#" onclick="toggleSection(); event.returnValue=false;"><span class="sectionExp"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Equals: evaluating</span><span class="sectionExp2">...<BR></span></a></div><div class="section">
    <span class="msg"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57]</span>Current Operation value is Installing<BR></span></div><div class="sectionHdr"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Equals evaluated to true<BR></div></span>

<span class="msg"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57]</span>Current Operation value is Installing<BR></span></div><div class="sectionHdr"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Equals evaluated to false<BR></div></span>
    </div><div class="sectionHdr"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>Or evaluated to true<BR></div></span>
    </div><div class="sectionHdr"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:57] </span>And evaluated to true<BR></div></span>

<span class="r"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:0:58]</span><h4>Logging all the global blocks</h4><br><h5>Installation Blockers:</h5><ol><li><em>Setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted. Please restart your computer and rerun Setup.</em></li></ol><BR></span></div><div class="sectionHdr"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:4:24] </span>Global Block Checks: StopBlockers evaluated to true.<BR></div></span>

<span class="r"><span class="t">[11/2/2010, 15:4:24]</span>Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x000013EC), "A StopBlock was hit or a System Requirement was not met." (Elapsed time: 0 00:03:27).<BR></span>
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Lukasz T,

Thank you for your reply.

After I have checked your uploaded file, I found the following information.

Setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted. Please restart your computer and rerun Setup.

Regarding above information, there are some questions need to clarify with you.

1.       Which software was installed before you installed .NET Framework 4 on your machine?

2.       Have you received any notices to inform you to restart your machine?

I would recommend that you some suggestions as follows.

1.       Uninstall .NET Framework 4 (if you can find it in Add/Remove Program.). Ensure if .NET Framework has uninstalled from your machine.

2.       Disable anti-virus, security software, firewall.

3.       Run installer as ADMINISTRATOR.

4.       Reinstall .NET Framework again.

If you have any issues, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:56 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 2:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Lukasz T,

Thank you for posting.

Based on your description, it seems that your concern might be caused by installation.

I would recommend that you should download Collect tool to collect the installation files. Please check:

The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 4.0 Standalone installer
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
      Collect tool:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Share the link in your reply. (You can upload the file via Skydrive.)

Regards,

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:34 AM
  • Hi Larcolais,

Thanks for quick response.

I've collected the requested log from Collect tool :

http://cid-f16654a7e7aa9883.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=F16654A7E7AA9883!107

Regards,

Lukasz

Thursday, November 4, 2010 11:59 AM
  • Hi Lukasz T,

Thank you for your reply.

After I have checked your uploaded file, I found the following information.

Regarding above information, there are some questions need to clarify with you.

1.       Which software was installed before you installed .NET Framework 4 on your machine?

2.       Have you received any notices to inform you to restart your machine?

I would recommend that you some suggestions as follows.

1.       Uninstall .NET Framework 4 (if you can find it in Add/Remove Program.). Ensure if .NET Framework has uninstalled from your machine.

2.       Disable anti-virus, security software, firewall.

3.       Run installer as ADMINISTRATOR.

4.       Reinstall .NET Framework again.

If you have any issues, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Larcolais

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:56 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 2:18 AM
  •  

Guys, you realize that it is your foundational framework which is impossible to install ?

This is a joke.

Please provide with an effective solution for that mess.

Friday, October 21, 2011 3:53 PM
  • Hello, nrolland.

If you have an issue with installing a .NET Framework on your system, please provide all details in a new thread.

Be sure to include your Windows version and Service Pack level, the framework version being installed, the link to the download where you obtained the framework, and your install logs as follows:

Collect your install logs with this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E0DA314F-6216-4A18-BC6B-7D29CF83AF20&amp;displaylang=e&displaylang=en

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link in your new thread.

We will do our best to assist you.

• Edited by pvdg42 Monday, October 24, 2011 3:33 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Thanks!
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:17 PM
    Administrator
  • Larcolais...

I am having a similar problem as above, but I have tried all the fixes suggested via my research, but to no avail.  Can you look at my vslogs.zip to see if you can help me?

The Link is to OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Avpxft8zve41faJv66mv5lvKhvM

Many Thanks

Friday, July 7, 2017 12:34 AM