Is there an alternative to Easy Tables in Azure App Services? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Easy Tables provided a portal experience for Node developers to create and manage their tables, their schema, and appropriate permissions. Easy Tables and Easy APIs, along with the Mobile menu in the Azure portal have been removed as of November 11, 2019.

Why? WHY??!

Nevertheless, is there any documentation guidance deploying that functionality now?

I have a proto-typed Xamarin Forms app with an Azure backend (created using Easy Tables about 5 months ago).All data sync'ing works like a charm there.

I'd like to duplicate or recreate that Node.js backend environment into Dev, Test, Staging and Prod environments.

Can someone offer any guidance on this?

Is there a similar sync mechanism available using a .Net backend?
    If so, is there any documentation on this?

Thank You

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:48 PM

All replies

• Apologies for the inconvenience you faced with this. Yes, you are correct Easy tables and easy APIs, along with the Mobile menu in the Azure portal will be removed on November 11, 2019. The reason for this is limited audience for this feature and the existing functionality can be used in other ways.

If you have mobile apps with a Node.js backend you can use the existing functionality from easy API and easy tables by following the guidance in this article.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:55 PM
  • Hey,

Checking in to see if the above answer helped. Let me know if there are still any additional issues we can help with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the above answer was helpful, kindly do ‘Mark as answer” and/or ‘Vote as helpful’ the post for benefiting the other users with a similar issue.

Friday, February 28, 2020 3:45 PM
  • Hello, it was to a limited extent.

What if I want a new App Services backend?

EasyTables was really convenient in creating that backend then we had a framework we can use/edit as per the article you suggested.

Is there a procedure / guide to follow to create App Services backend that allows sync mechanism, now that EasyTables is no longer available?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 10:39 PM