none
get all events from calendar that has overlay calendars using the API RRS feed

• Question

• I have a calendar (main calendar) located in my communities site collection, in that calendar I have 8 overlaid calendars, When I use a content query web part it only shows me the events that I entered into the main calendar, even when I call the API /_api/web/lists/getbytitle('Main Calendar')/items, it only shows me the events that I added to the main calendar and not all events from the rolled up (overlaid) calendars. How can I get all events from the main calendar if they're from an overlay or entered directly into the main calendar?
    Friday, March 17, 2017 5:32 PM

All replies

• Here you go

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/0457b52f-05bb-4b4b-9fe0-47367e248141/sharepoint-online-show-calendar-overlay-in-list-items-view-calendar-overlay-from-child-sites?forum=sharepointdevelopment

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:04 PM
  • I've tried all of that with no luck. This calendar resides in communities, which is giving the problem

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:28 PM
  • If you are using REST API then you need to make individual calls to each overlaid calendar list and merge your results object. AFAIK there is no single API call to get the all the items from the overlaid calendar. 

Alternate option is to use the search API/content by search webpart, and use query based on the site collection path and event content type.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Friday, March 17, 2017 8:20 PM
  • that makes no sense,  even though all calendars in rolled up into 1, a separate API has to be created to call each one, why have the overlay option then if you can't show all by using the API to that calendar or using the content query web part, which isn't showing all calendars under the communities site collection.

I'm only having this issue with my communities site collection, are they connected differently "under the covers."?

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:10 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Rajesh, currently the two options are what we have to deal with such issue.

Also, I would suggest you submit a feedback to the SharePoint UserVoice Platform if there any expectation about the future version of SharePoint API:

http://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 1:38 AM