Azure Slot swapping feature - How to upgrade Database part and other configuration in web.config RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We are thinking to user Azure WebApp Slot swapping feature for our Deployment. But whatever the article I found are describing the nice swapping feature which swap the Front-end piece of that Site.

Suppose we have 3 Slots (2 + Production) with obvious 3 Database (one for each slot) then How best way I can use this slot swapping feature that way, my swapping feature take care of my database scripts changes ?

is their anyway I can write something custom which works while swapping the slot and read from some storage and update the database or something of this kind?

I also have some custom configuration in Web.Config specific to the slot. those are not default web.config component or handlers but these are we have created something for our business logic convenience which we like to change depends upon the Production vs Non-Production package.

Regards, Brijesh Shah

Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:06 AM

All replies

• Hi there 

• if i get you question right During the swap ,Staging or Prod Webapp get automatically warmed up prior to the swap so you wont have down time .
    • when you create your WebApp for the first time you will create its Web.Config file With your custom Configuration , when you try to create new slot you will have an option to clone web app configuration from another existing deployment slot or create a new Web Custom Web.config file , and when you make a swap you can choose to swap the config file or keep it as it is ,If there are any settings that need to stick to an environment use slot setting checkbox 

Thanks 

Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:59 AM