Header button / sorting change popups

Question

• Hello, the navigation guidelines suggest using a header button (with a small arrow), which lists available views and a Home link. A similar control is to be used for sorting order. However, I haven't found any samples following these guidelines (yet). What is the suggested approach to implementing these controls? A button with a Segoe UI Symbol glyph attached, which displays a popup menu? Or a styled combo box? Or...?

I'd be grateful for any tips and/or a XAML/C# sample link :) Thanks.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:07 PM

Answers

• The navigation guidelines are not framework specific and don't refer to specific controls but to patterns which can be implemented through other controls. There are a number of ways you can implement it, but a styled ComboBox is probably the most straightforward in Xaml

--Rob

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 4:01 AM

All replies

• I wonder about this too? I've not found such control and suspect its really just a button control in the end.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 1:56 PM
  • The navigation guidelines are not framework specific and don't refer to specific controls but to patterns which can be implemented through other controls. There are a number of ways you can implement it, but a styled ComboBox is probably the most straightforward in Xaml

--Rob

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 4:01 AM
  • Can I take this opportunity to say how much I miss the Expander? Hiding the textbox in  a combobox just seems like such a kludge...

Rebecca M. Riordan

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:21 PM