Which Library do you want to sync? RRS feed

• Question

• I get a window from Microsoft SkyDrive Pro that asks "Which library do you want to sync?".  I don't know what SharePoint is nor do I have it, use it or need it.  But, a MS moderator has sent me to this forum from the SkyDrive site.  Any input would be appreciated.

My SkyDrive sync works fine and keeps all my documents in sync.  But, I just keep getting this window and nothing I enter is accepted not is there any Help reference to try and figure it out.

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:30 PM

Answers

• When you run a Change on Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, you should have the following options:

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:29 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2013 9:19 PM

All replies

• SkyDrive Pro is for sync'ing to SharePoint (on prem or Office 365), not to the public SkyDrive (skydrive.live.com).  If you have no need for SkyDrive Pro, you can uninstall it.

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:36 PM
  • I have both Office 2013 and 365, but its a personal application, not business.  And no SharePoint.  In Control Panel, Programs, I see an uninstall link for "Microsoft SkyDrive" (17.0.2006.0314) but nothing for "Microsoft SkyDrive Pro".  I'm afraid if I uninstall Microsoft SkyDrive, that I will lose the currently functioning sync that I have going on with my SkyDrive and multiple devices.  And that sync works well.

The window in question certainly says "Microsoft SkyDrive Pro".  If I locate Pro with the W8 search charm, it instantly brings up this window asking the library question.  If I left-click "Microsoft SkyDrive Pro" on the Live Tile screen, and click uninstall, it only takes me to a Control Panel list of programs, none of which are MSSDP.  So, I see the difference between the SkyDrive app and the SkyDrive Pro app on the Live tile screen.  But, I can't make it go away, nor the question window.

Thanks for comments and suggestions.

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:19 PM
  • Pro will be part of your Office 2013 installation.  So you'll want to run a Change on your Office 2013 install and select SkyDrive Pro to uninstall it there.

-----------------------

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:21 PM
  • I see "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013-en-us" in Control Panel programs.  Uninstall seems to want to uninstall the entire suite.  "Change" only offers a "quick repair" and "online repair" option.  Is this where I'd find a removal option for MSSDP?

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:50 PM
  • Is this the Click-to-Run Office 2013 package from Office 365?  If that is the case, I'm unsure as you don't get customization options for that package, if I remember correctly.

-----------------------

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:52 PM
  • No, its the online download for the local version of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.

Friday, May 24, 2013 9:14 PM
  • When you run a Change on Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, you should have the following options:

-----------------------

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:29 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2013 9:19 PM
  • In Control Panel, there is only the below option even when I select "change".  I'm not seeing the "Add or Remove Features" option.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 3:28 PM