none
How to Setup NuGet to a seperate server on the TFS Build Server?

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to setup a separate NuGet Server for the build server because of the external sites blocked on the Build Server. I have downloaded NuGet.Server 2.11.2 on the Build Server. When I try to install-Package NuGet.Server 2.11.2 from the Package manager console. I had error and I couldn't load the packages. Please help me to setup the Separate NuGet Server on the Build Server.

Thanks,

info2m

Monday, August 8, 2016 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi info2m,

>>There is no internet access I cant install directly on the build server. So I downloaded on my local and copied on Build Server.

Please try the steps below to install your Nuget package again.

1.In your Visual Studio, Tools->Options->Nuget Package Manager->Package Source, add your local source

2. Then open your Package Manager Console, Select package source as the local source.  Run the install command line. install-package packagename.

To verify whether the cause is in your package. I suggest you could change another package and copy to your build server machine to try to install it again.

If still can't install the package. Please uninstall the NuGet Package Manager for Visual Studio in Tools->Extensions and Updates. After that, you could download the new NuGet Package Manager for Visual Studio on another machine and copy it to your build server and install it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, August 12, 2016 1:08 AM

All replies

• Hi info2m,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>I had error and I couldn't load the packages.

Could you please share the detail error message and it will help us to research your issue.

Meanwhile, what's your build server configuration information?

Since our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio Setup and Installation, and your issue is more related to the NuGet installation, after confirmed with the professional support engineer, I will help you to move this thread to the appropriate forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral for dedicated information, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 5:41 AM
  • Hi info2m,

>>I have downloaded NuGet.Server 2.11.2 on the Build Server. When I try to install-Package NuGet.Server 2.11.2 from the Package manager console.

According to your description. You were installing the Nuget package using Nuget.exe and not using Visual Studio?

If so, please try to install a Visual Studio on your Build server machine and install the package from the Package manager console in Visual Studio(Tools->NuGet Package Manager->Package Manager Console). How about the result?

Also to how about installing Package NuGet.Server 2.11.2 on other machines? Dose it have the same problem.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:27 AM
  • Hi Lake,

I have downloaded NuGet.Server 2.11.2 on my local desktop and copied on the build server on C Drive and I have used using the visual studio -> Tools -> NuGet Package Manager -> Package Manager Console. But the packages didn't get loaded. But I was going through about NuGet.exe can you please let me know how to install this. The other Build machines external sites are not blocked.

Thanks,

info2m

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:47 PM
  • Hi  info2m,

>>I have downloaded NuGet.Server 2.11.2 on my local desktop and copied on the build server on C Drive and I have used using the visual studio -> Tools -> NuGet Package Manager -> Package Manager Console.

In my opinion. If you want to install the NuGet.Server 2.11.2 . There is no need to copy it to your build server.

You could install the NuGet.Server 2.11.2 in your Visual Studio on your build server machine directly.

To install NuGet.Server, run the following command in the  Package Manager Console:

PM>  Install-Package NuGet.Server

By the way, if still has the same issue, please try to re-install or update your NuGet Client.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, August 11, 2016 1:12 AM
  • Hi Lake,

I'm unable to install NuGet.Server  from Package Manager Console. I'm having the following error.

install-package : Project 'Default' is not found.

At line:1 char:1

+ install-package Nuget.Server

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Default:String) [Install-Package], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetProjectNotFound,NuGet.PackageManagement.PowerShellCmdlets.InstallPackageCommand

****How to update the NuGet Client? Can you please let me know how to do it?********

"You could install the NuGet.Server 2.11.2 in your Visual Studio on your build server machine directly."

There is no internet access I cant install directly on the build server. So I downloaded on my local and copied on Build Server.

Thanks,

info2m

Thursday, August 11, 2016 1:11 PM
  • Hi info2m,

>>There is no internet access I cant install directly on the build server. So I downloaded on my local and copied on Build Server.

Please try the steps below to install your Nuget package again.

1.In your Visual Studio, Tools->Options->Nuget Package Manager->Package Source, add your local source

2. Then open your Package Manager Console, Select package source as the local source.  Run the install command line. install-package packagename.

To verify whether the cause is in your package. I suggest you could change another package and copy to your build server machine to try to install it again.

If still can't install the package. Please uninstall the NuGet Package Manager for Visual Studio in Tools->Extensions and Updates. After that, you could download the new NuGet Package Manager for Visual Studio on another machine and copy it to your build server and install it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, August 12, 2016 1:08 AM
  • Thanks, Lake I will do that and let you know the status of it.

info2m

Monday, August 15, 2016 2:45 PM