none
How to Control processing large number of xml's at receive location RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am working on project where biztalk received xml data from remote share folder.

And at certain time in a day a third party application dumps xml's around (250) at particluar time, these xml's i send send to SAP request response port.

Just to avoid load on SAP server and to manage xml's processing ...will there be any solution where i can control number of xml send to SAP and also if any error comes from SAP port then to stop processing further xml's and start when there is no error.

Pls advise..

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To control the number of XML's send to SAP you could store them in SQL Server database and poll them based on controlled interval. To stop BizTalk from processing will a little harder to implement. You will to implement some logic into your solution that would for instance stop the receive location from poling in this case.

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/ | @SteefJan
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To control the number of XML's send to SAP you could store them in SQL Server database and poll them based on controlled interval. To stop BizTalk from processing will a little harder to implement. You will to implement some logic into your solution that would for instance stop the receive location from poling in this case.

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/ | @SteefJan
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Hi Sandeep,

There is a very similar and interesting discussion thread here, Please refer, It might help you. The thread discuss about using throttling parameters to control the no of messages on send port.   

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com |

My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

• Proposed as answer by Lex Hegt Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:51 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:17 PM
  • Another possibility would be to control the outbound flow using a singleton orchestration to process the received messages (already persisted to the message box).  The singleton can control outbound flow using a combination of counters and timers.  Ideally, the flow control should be either dynamically controllable or at a minimum, a configuration setting(s).

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:24 PM