Clubsite logon problems RRS feed

• Question

• User-2137025137 posted

I have a strange problem with logon on a clubsite app.  I run a winserver 2003 with IIS 6 and Sqlexpress.  The site was running fine with new users being added each day. Last sunday I started get e-mails from members who cannot login.  Even from my home office where my servers are running, my laptop is the only computer that can login.  This morning I went to work and can run the site from work fine and can login from work as the admin or any other user.  My associate tried from his computer, he clicked membership and entered all information and when he clicked finished it did not say Hello "user", it went back to the login default page.  We tried other membership user names and passwords and none will allow login.  No errors are shown.  memebrship mamager will not show any login attemps, but my associates information was stored in the aspnetDB fine.  My wife said she cannot login at work, but her owner can from his laptop. 

Why will only some machines be allowed to login?  I have grant access to all.  I did get some microsoft updates to my pc's and server about the same time this happened.

Any suggestion will help?

Craig

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:43 AM

Answers

• User-2137025137 posted

It seems that it is a cookie problem,  unlike a lot of sites the only indication was a small icon at the bottom of internet explorer,  blocking cookies, once you place the site in your trusted web site all works well.  I have read that asp.net 2.0 allows options for cookieless operation.  I hope there is a way to eliminate this problem.  I don't want users to have any problems accessing the site.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:40 AM