none
Trouble reading skeleton for kinect RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to kinect programming and i am trying to map a skeleton and it is not working properly i'm using the 1.6 version of kinect sdk and my code runs but when it gets to this part it stops:

void kinectsensor_SkeletonFrameReady(object sender, SkeletonFrameReadyEventArgs e)

{

SkeletonFrame skeletonSet = e.OpenSkeletonFrame();

//   Skeleton skeletonData = new Skeleton[kinectsensor.SkeletonStream.FrameSkeletonArrayLength];

**SkeletonskeletonData = (froms inskeletons

wheres.TrackingState == SkeletonTrackingState.Tracked

selects).FirstOrDefault();**

if (skeletonData != null)

{           
    SetEllipsePosition(Head, skeletonData.Joints[JointType.Head]);           
    SetEllipsePosition(leftHand, skeletonData.Joints[JointType.HandLeft]);           
    SetEllipsePosition(rightHand, skeletonData.Joints[JointType.HandRight]);           
    ProcessGesture(skeletonData.Joints[JointType.Head], skeletonData.Joints[JointType.HandLeft], skeletonData.Joints[JointType.HandRight]);       
    }   
    }

the warning message i get is:

'KinectSkeletonApplication3.MainWindow.skeletons' is never assigned  to, and will always have its default value null

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:35 PM

Answers

• How did you handle the parameter 'KinectSkeletonApplication3.MainWindow.skeletons' ?

You need to fill your Skeleton array with the following solution -  

using (SkeletonFrame skeletonSet = e.OpenSkeletonFrame())
                {
                    if (skeletonFrame != null)
                    {
                        skeletons = new Skeleton[skeletonSet .SkeletonArrayLength];
                        skeletonSet.CopySkeletonDataTo(skeletons);
                    }
                }

for the details, please see "Skeleton Basics - WPF" sample in K4W Toolkit browser.

Friday, April 12, 2013 1:00 AM