The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
failed after publish my first web application RRS feed

• Question

• Development Mode
    Swapping to Development environment will display more detailed information about the error that occurred.

no solution

i have been google some hours but no luck, even added ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT Development parameter in "Application settings (Classic)". and also
    added below setting in "web deploy.pubxml" also no luck.
    PreserveCompilationContext true /PreserveCompilationContext
    MvcRazorExcludeRefAssembliesFromPublish false /MvcRazorExcludeRefAssembliesFromPublish
    MvcRazorCompileOnPublish true /MvcRazorCompileOnPublish

can someone help ?
    here is my link
    http://zebraline.azurewebsites.net/

i managed to included enviromentVariable , which prompt me another error. (please see the picture attachment).

actually my experiment is very straightforward which just create a new aspnet application without any single change and make used of VisualStudio to publish the application into azure, however it seen like not so easy as i expected.
    appreciate someone could help to sort this out and also include those fix in future version, which could make the developer to have better user experience for azure deployment.

thanks.

XJYian

Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the .NETcore version you are using? Also, does the solution work locally?

Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:00 AM
  • @dashleenBhandari-MSFT, i'm using VisualStudio2017 professional version. and the project is using ".net core 2.1" which running perfectly on my pc without any issue ( because i didnt do any changes except added few words in index.cshtml.

XJYian

Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Are you publishing to a New App or an existing one?

While creating the publish profile, please choose to delete files at destination.

"Publish > Settings > File Publish Options > Remove additional files at destination" 

Please let us know if that doesnt work for you.

Friday, April 26, 2019 5:05 AM
  • Hi,

I just browsed the site and noticed that we are seeing the below mentioned error:

An error occurred while processing your request.

This is HTTP 500. There seems to be an application issue on the default landing page while the other tabs like "contact" and "About" are working fine.

You can enable STDout logs for further troubleshooting and refer this article for specific diagnostic logs and how to fix them.

Friday, April 26, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Once you enable your diagnostic logs and check the "log stream" area in the portal for your app, do you see any error logs appearing? 
    Friday, April 26, 2019 11:05 PM
  • Hi @kalyan Chanumolu-MSFT

after ticked on the "remove additional files at destination" it works, however which only apply to entire solution deployment, as you may knew we could allow just publish single file by using right click then which will appear same issue.

XJYian

Sunday, April 28, 2019 9:30 AM
  • Hi @DashleenBhndari-MSFT

after go thru the link ( Troubleshoot ASP.NET Core on IIS ), it seen like which is for local machine not azure. i also realized that there is no web.config file for me to turn on stdoutLogEnabled , instead at azure "app services" folder which only contain appsettings.json 

from azure=> app services => log files => eventlog.xml , there is no much information. (maybe i need to turn on "stdout" . 

any hints to on the debugger from azure ?

XJYian

Sunday, April 28, 2019 12:19 PM
  • You can publish individual files for static resources like, plain HTML files, images, js files etc.

While making changes to cs/cshtml files, please build and publish the project instead. The views compile to <yourapplication>.views.dll file.

-

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know. 

Monday, April 29, 2019 5:41 AM
  • Hi,

I noticed that you have been enabled for one time free support plan. The support engineer would get in touch with you one on one.

Monday, April 29, 2019 6:11 AM