Security Issue with new program RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello-
    I wrote a program to easily install the base image and new programs at work but seem to be running into a security issue...
    Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security cpolicy. To grant this application the permssion contact your system admin or use the .net framework configuration tool.

I made it in visual studio 2008 but work is only running net framework 1.1 would this cause an issue. I read several articles about adding a new group to the machine all code group in the .net configuration in the administrative tools. Could this be resolved by giving it full trust? If so I am new to programming and am somewhat lost on how to do this,  I am pretty sure I gave it a strong name through the signing tab in the properites menu.

Any help anyone has would be great
    Thanks
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:01 PM

All replies

• Hi blbraner,

Could you tell us which the version of .NET framework your application targets? As far as I know, VB2008 create the application which targets the .NET framework beyond 2.0, the application can't run in the .NET framework1.1. This issue should be the CAS issue. Your application doesn't have the enough permission to access some computer resource. Read here for the more information about Code Access Security.

Best regards,
    Riquel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:37 AM