SQL Server Express 2005 Managment Console not logging in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have a machine with SQL Server 2005 Express installed and we use to have no problems connecting to this using the management studio using Windows Authentication. Since yesterday when we open the management studio and press connect using Windows authentication, the logon dialog remains active but does not disappear. In the backgroung I can see the name of the instance on the machine and after a few seconds it goes to green, to show its connected but I can't do anything without cancelling the logon. If I cancel the logon, it sets it is not connected to any server, if i try to launch the instance from the registered servers, with the green connected symbol it hangs.

I have left the logon dialog overnight (14 hours) and it still did not disappear. I am looking at any patches that may have been installed but none since the end of May...does anyone else have a similar problem?

Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:09 AM

All replies

• I just found out the SA password and it is still the same issue....there is a dsn set up and when i add the sa password to the odbc connection it connects but not under the management studio???
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:07 PM