BizTalk SQL Agent Jobs RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure whether this issue is BT specific but on one of our servers if you attempt to see the properties of any of the Biztalk Jobs it displays the "New Job" screen. (right click, properties)

I can get at the properties for each job via the monitor only.

Any thoughts on what this might be? 

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• What version of BizTalk and what version of SQL are you seeing this on? Is it possible you do not have enough permissions to modify the job properties?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:02 AM
  • Did you do an upgrade of SQL Server ro sp2?

We had the same problem after we upgraded SQL Server to sp2. After that it looked like SQL Server and the Management Tools weren't in sync.

Do you have another machine with client tools installed where you can reproduce the problem?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:47 AM
  • I'll check on versions - good suggestion, it may be that the tools are out of sync with the DB.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:38 PM
  • ok - I've checked the version details:

SQL Product Version:    9.00.3042.00 SP2
    Management Tools:      9.00.1399.00

I am not familiar enough with the version scheme, does this indicate they are mismatched?
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:50 AM
  • It looks like SQL Server is on sp2 but the client tools aren't. Try to reinstall the client tools, this should fix your problem.

Regards
    Monday, February 2, 2009 8:01 AM