InstallShield LE throws exception for Entity Framework RRS feed

• Question

• When I install my installer using InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2012 on my local machine, it works fine and I can run my application.

When I install my installer using InstallShield on a clean machine, I get this error after running the problem in debug mode on VS 2010.

“An error occurred accessing the database. This usually means that the connection to the database failed. Check that the connection string is correct and that the appropriate DbContext constructor is being used to specify it or find it in the application's config file. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=386386 for information on DbContext and connections. See the inner exception for details of the failure.”

I checked the clean machine db folder and it seems like the db is missing. Also, for my project I am using a localdb and I set my database tables using Ado.net Entity Framework Code First. 

Is it because I'm using a localdb? 

I did package .NET 4.5 and SQL Server 2012 with the installer and I'm still getting a database error. I'm not sure why? 

Here is part of the problem signature: 

Problem signature:
          Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
          Problem Signature 01: setup.exe
          Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
          Problem Signature 03: 5398abc9
          Problem Signature 04: EntityFramework
          Problem Signature 05: 6.1.30225.0
          Problem Signature 06: 530c5a6f
          Problem Signature 07: 4aec
          Problem Signature 08: 44

Is it because Entity Framework v. in my app.config is set to 6.0.0.0?

Side question, do I need to include database.MDF file in my install or will the database be created by itself because of the code first approach? 
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Guys,

I am afraid that here is not the correct forum for this issue. This forum is to discuss WPF development issue, such as XAML, MVVM and etc. For this issue, I would recommend you to post on: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?133-InstallShield. Where is a specific forum for this topic and you can contact the experts for this issue.

Thanks for your understanding!

Sincerely,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 13, 2014 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Guys,

I am afraid that here is not the correct forum for this issue. This forum is to discuss WPF development issue, such as XAML, MVVM and etc. For this issue, I would recommend you to post on: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?133-InstallShield. Where is a specific forum for this topic and you can contact the experts for this issue.

Thanks for your understanding!

Sincerely,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 13, 2014 2:36 AM
  • Hello Stack 01,

Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem?

Yanick

Yanick N.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 5:02 AM