none
OPPS AGIN RRS feed

• Question

• since i removed framework 3.5 i cant install it again ngen.exe-unable to locate componet

this application has failed to start because msvcr100_clr0400.dll was not found reinstall yeah u kno

Sunday, August 1, 2010 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hi BboyiNlearning,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

Could you please clarify some questions with me together?

1, which project would you like to develop?

2, could you please find msvcr100_clr0400.dll on your machine?

3, when did this issue occur?

More information could help us solve your concerns useful.

Look forward for your reply!

Best Regards
    Larcolais Gong
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi BboyiNlearning,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

Could you please clarify some questions with me together?

1, which project would you like to develop?

2, could you please find msvcr100_clr0400.dll on your machine?

3, when did this issue occur?

More information could help us solve your concerns useful.

Look forward for your reply!

Best Regards
    Larcolais Gong
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 3:13 AM
  • Hi BboyiNlearnling,

I'm writing to follow-up this post. Did your issue occur again?

I'm marking this post as Answered. If you have any findings and concerns, please feel free to unmark this post.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 5:36 AM
  •  

I am having a very similar problem, so I would like to mark this as unanswered.

I made a simple straightforwd Windows Installer, just using the all the defaults for a setup project in C++/MFC VS 2010. And when building the setup project it did not complain about the absence of "MSVCR100_clr0400.dll"

And installed versions ran fine on my own XP and W7 computers. But when I sent the installer to other people in my group with W7 computers , the application failed to start up with a popup that said "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

But MSVCR100.dll is present on the other users computers, but for some reason my executable cannot access it, yet it was not added to the project dependencies. Can I just add MSVCR100.dll to my install directory, or is there more complications and issues than that?

Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:25 PM