"Windows cannot install package ... because a idfferent package" error message RRS feed

• Question

• I keep running into problems just trying to submit an update to an app I put into the Store last year. The latest problem, generated by the Windows App Certification Kit, is an error message that reads as follows:

"Windows cannot install package 49224Rod.MyStoreApp_1.1.13.0_neutral_~_ewsk6qayk38br because a different package 49224Rod.MyStoreApp_1.1.13.0_neutral_~_gm1zyvjj2ghv8 with the same name is already installed. Remove package 49224Rod.MyStoreApp_1.1.13.0_neutral_~_gm1zyvjj2ghv8 be installing."

I'm sorry, I don't know what this is asking me to do. How do I proceed, please?

Rod

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:05 AM

Answers

• Hello Doctor-Who,

By removing the stray app on your PC through PowerShell, it may get fixed.

1. Open PowerShell as Administrator.
    2. And type the following command.

> Get-AppxPackage "49224RodFalanga.SalaryConverter" -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    Saturday, August 11, 2018 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Rod,

>Remove package 49224Rod.MyStoreApp_1.1.13.0_neutral_~_gm1zyvjj2ghv8 be installing

Could you remove the package as the error shown and try again?

>I keep running into problems just trying to submit an update to an app I put into the Store last year

Could you check the Expiration Date and the Publisher of Store certificate. Please double click Package.appxmanifest, select Packaging and click choose Certificate.If the Expiration Date is beyond the current date or the publisher is not equal the Package/Identity/publisher(CN=…….) in the Identity Page In your Dashboard, this means that your certificate is expired or invalid to the Store.Could you re-associate your project to get a new Store certificate then re-package your app?

Best Regard
    Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 9, 2018 3:35 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

My believe you were correct in that my certificate had expired. I updated it last night, but still ran into a problem. Now I'm getting this error:

Error reported by Windows App Certificate Kit

I've gotten into the Partner Dashboard in the Windows Dev Center, looking specifically at my submission. I have no idea at all where this 49224RodFalanga.SalaryConvert_1.1.11.0 <etc.> is. I can't find it. Where do I look for it so I can remove it?

Rod

Saturday, August 11, 2018 1:29 AM
  • Hello Doctor-Who,

> Get-AppxPackage "49224RodFalanga.SalaryConverter" -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    Saturday, August 11, 2018 4:52 AM
  • Hello Doctor-Who,

That looks very promising. Do I have to be in the Windows folder for my app, in order to run that PowerShell script.

Rod

Friday, August 17, 2018 2:36 AM
  • Hi Rod,

No, you don't have to do it. You just need enter (Win + X, A)  then you can open PowerShell as Administrator.

Best Regards

Daisy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 17, 2018 8:21 AM
  • That seems to have fixed it, Daisy. Thanks. Now, I've got another after uploading the .appxupload file. Man, this is getting tedious. I'll start another tread on that.

Rod

Saturday, August 18, 2018 2:54 PM