Orphaned ASA Job? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an ASA job that had been successfully running for weeks. This job moves data from an IoT Hub to four output sinks (two SQL tables, DocumentDB, and Data Lake). On Friday, the Azure portal showed this ASA job in a stopped state with a red failure header. The activity logs showed this error: "Send Events: Access To Azure Data Lake Store denied err at [name]". Above the red failure header were the Start and Stop buttons. The Stop button was grayed out, so I went ahead and clicked Start. 

However, the interesting part is that despite 1.) the red failure message header and 2.) the Stop button being grayed out, there was still data moving from the IoT Hub to the four output sinks. So by clicking the Start button, it looks like I started a second instance of this ASA job. Now duplicate records were loading into the SQL tables. Stopping this ASA job only fixed the duplicate data issue. Rebuilding the ASA job did not fix this issue either. Even when no ASA jobs are running (according to the Azure portal), data is still flowing into these four output sinks.  

Is there any way to kill this orphaned ASA job instance outside of the Azure portal? 

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Eolsen2,

I am sorry to hear that your job status is messed up. We can definitely help to fix this issue. Can you open a CSS support ticket or send your subscription ID and job name to azstream#microsoft.com?

Regards,

Min He, Program Manager, Azure Stream Analytics

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by eolsen2 Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:43 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:02 PM