Control Windows Media Player in Pocket PC and Smartphone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I build a windows app in which I can play, stop, pause ...  videos by controlling Windows Media Player.
    In VS 2005, I just add the wmp ocx in the toolbar, then drag-drop wmp in my form and the interop is created (it's magic), so I can code wmp: axWindowsMediaPlayer1.URL="myUrl";
    axWindowsMediaPlayer1.ctlControls.Play();

I want to know if it's possible to do the same with the pocket PC form or the Smartphone form.

I know in .net cf 2.0 Interop services have been added to be able to control Pocket Media Player or pocket IE.

Thanks in advance for helping me to control those apps in a Pocket PC or a Smartphone.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:34 PM

Answers

• You can do this with VS 2005 but only for devices which have WMP 10. I've not looked at it in any detail (no access to a Windows machine at the moment), but you should be able to create a PIA from the IDL and then add the PIA as a reference in your smart device project.

Monday, May 2, 2005 10:39 AM

All replies

• You can do this with VS 2005 but only for devices which have WMP 10. I've not looked at it in any detail (no access to a Windows machine at the moment), but you should be able to create a PIA from the IDL and then add the PIA as a reference in your smart device project.

Monday, May 2, 2005 10:39 AM
  • Neil, if you do have access to a computer, please tell me how this is done. We really would like to know.
    Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:17 PM
  • Try looking at netremote at http://www.promixis.com/

This will give you wifi access to WMP from your ppc with customisable
    functions via the CCF designer.

Saturday, August 6, 2005 10:46 AM