none
updating the excel objects in ppt after changing the location of both the files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have created a ppt and it includes some charts and tables from an excel .

I have done paste special to paste these objects from excel to ppt .

the problem is this arrangement works fine when I dont change the location of the files.(both the file are located in same folder)

as soon as I change the location of files to another folder the update stops working .

one of my colleagues is also doing the same work. but he does not faces this issue .

Can some body explain what might be different in the working of excel and ppt from my computer to my colleagues computer.

we both sat together and tried to find the issue , but we are unable to find the issue .

What i think is that the some how the edit links of the ppt are getting updated in my colleagues computer where as they are not in my computer.

please help.

Thanks in advance . :)

Friday, March 21, 2014 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hello Dhruv,

Did you test the same files on both PCs?

What Office version do you have installed on the PC? Did you install the latest updates and service packs for Office? Did you try to compare version numbers of PowerPoint and Excel on both machines? Is there any difference?

Friday, March 21, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Hi DhruvSingh,

I did a quick test on my lab environment (Office 2013) and failed to reproduce your issue. When the file location being changed, a dialog will pop up at the first time opening the Power Point document at new location. After clicking “Update Links”, the link will be updated to latest location.

By the way, for questions about Office Product features, I recommend you to post it on Office IT Pro forum for more efficient response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:56 AM