Task Status modification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question which I hope you can help with:

I have a custom list with a standard three-state-workflow applied. Our users would like us to replace the current 5 choice values with 4 new values. I see that I can change "Completed" to "Approved" and the workflow still works. However will changing the other values and removing one cause any issue??

I guess I also need to understand what happens to the original item based on the selected status... i.e. clicking Completed (or Approved in my case) progresses the item status to it the next stage but what do the other selections do?

Thanks

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:24 PM For a pre-2010 workflow question always use the workflow forum (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:13 PM

Answers

• Hi CDG100,

If you want custom the statues, you can add a choice column in your list. When you create three-state-workflow, Please choose yourself status. If you modify the original status, some your custom status will not recognition by SharePoint. So, sometime your workflow will nor work.

Thanks,

Jack

• Marked as answer by _c Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:49 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi CDG100,

If you want custom the statues, you can add a choice column in your list. When you create three-state-workflow, Please choose yourself status. If you modify the original status, some your custom status will not recognition by SharePoint. So, sometime your workflow will nor work.

Thanks,

Jack

• Marked as answer by _c Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:49 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Thanks Jack, I'll try that.
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:49 PM