none
.NET Framework error RRS feed

• Question

• I have new Dell laptop and I'm trying to access a software program call Deltek but when it tries to open I get the following message:

"To run Vision 6.1, you must first install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on your workstation. Contact your system administrator for assistance"

I checked the update center and this was successfully installed.

Friday, May 27, 2011 6:01 PM

Answers

• As you say new laptop, I'll assume Windows 7.

Windows 7 installs .NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5 through 3.5 SP1 as an integral part of the OS.

If you want to confirm and make sure all features are turned on, do the following.

Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows features on and off. In the Windows Features dialog, you will find the entry "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1. You can expand that node and make sure all subfeatures are activated.

Once you have confirmed the above, try the installation again. If the error persists, I strongly encourage you to contact Dell technical support and exercise your rights under their warranty. In accordance with the OEM Windows license agreement they made with Microsoft in return for the low price they paid. It's Dell's responsibility to support not only their proprietary software (Deltek), but to support OEM Windows as well. You have a new Dell computer that cannon support Dell software.

Before trying any troubleshooting on your own, I urge you to contact Dell about an issue they should address for you.

Please let us know how Dell responds, and if you need more assistance.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:36 PM

All replies

• As you say new laptop, I'll assume Windows 7.

Windows 7 installs .NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5 through 3.5 SP1 as an integral part of the OS.

If you want to confirm and make sure all features are turned on, do the following.

Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows features on and off. In the Windows Features dialog, you will find the entry "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1. You can expand that node and make sure all subfeatures are activated.

Once you have confirmed the above, try the installation again. If the error persists, I strongly encourage you to contact Dell technical support and exercise your rights under their warranty. In accordance with the OEM Windows license agreement they made with Microsoft in return for the low price they paid. It's Dell's responsibility to support not only their proprietary software (Deltek), but to support OEM Windows as well. You have a new Dell computer that cannon support Dell software.

Before trying any troubleshooting on your own, I urge you to contact Dell about an issue they should address for you.

Please let us know how Dell responds, and if you need more assistance.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:36 PM
  • Deltek Vision only runs with Internet Explorer, all other browsers will not run .net framework.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:37 PM