"an unhandled win32 exception occurred" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, thanks your your help beforehand. 

I have been getting the "an unhandled win32 exception occurred" with a program that I use. It is an administrative program that we use at work. I have searched everywhere and haven´t been able to find an asnwer to what is going on.

To explain more, what is happening is the following. When I open the program it gives me the option to connect to different servers that we manage here. I can use the program with four out of the five servers that are connected, yet I seem to have a problem with the other one, the probgram crashes and the "an unhandled win32 exception occurred" error appears. My coworkers can log in just fine from their computers. Another thing is, the server that I try to log in to is my own computer. 

Some IT guy said that I had to format the computer, the easy way I guess. I really don´t want to go through that.

Any help is more than appreciated.

Friday, June 3, 2016 2:05 PM

Answers

• It is easy for you (the IT guy will handle this?), quite fast.  So why not?

-- pa

Sunday, June 5, 2016 9:10 PM
  • Hi ibrafa,

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS debugger tool, just to make this issue clearly, do you debug your app using the VS IDE? Which VS version did you install in your machine?

It seems that you installed this software in your machine, not really run/debug the source code in your VS IDE, am I right?

>>an unhandled win32 exception occurred.

Generally it was the JIT debugging, maybe you could disable it:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

And then uninstall this software, and then re-install it again in your windows.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Of course, if other members have no this issue, I agree with Pavel A or your IT's suggestion, maybe it is the windows issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:35 AM

All replies

• It is easy for you (the IT guy will handle this?), quite fast.  So why not?

-- pa

Sunday, June 5, 2016 9:10 PM
  • Hi ibrafa,

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS debugger tool, just to make this issue clearly, do you debug your app using the VS IDE? Which VS version did you install in your machine?

It seems that you installed this software in your machine, not really run/debug the source code in your VS IDE, am I right?

>>an unhandled win32 exception occurred.

Generally it was the JIT debugging, maybe you could disable it:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

And then uninstall this software, and then re-install it again in your windows.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Of course, if other members have no this issue, I agree with Pavel A or your IT's suggestion, maybe it is the windows issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:35 AM